Meta Medical Massage Clinic strives to exponentially improve your health beyond the physical body.
Body + Mind + Spirit
EARLIEST BOOKING APPOINTMENTS AS OF JULY 16, 2019
Conveniently located near 45th Street LRT station in Calgary, Canada.
Professional therapeutic and relaxation massage by fully trained and insured Registered Massage Therapists.
Private and welcoming environment for all our patients. We incorporate organic oils and lotions that are safe to the body.
• Injuries, Accidents, Pain
• Sports Massage
• Cupping Therapy Massage
• Fascial Work
• Deep Tissue Massage
• Hot Stone Massage
• Post Pregnancy Massage
• Swedish Massage
• Thai Yoga Mat Massage
• Trigger Point Release
• Manual Lymphatic Drainage
MASSAGE THERAPY is one of the oldest forms of holistic healing known dating back approximately 4,000 years. Used on its own or in conjunction with other health treatments, the practice of massage therapy can increase range of movement, decrease pain & muscle soreness, improve circulation, diminish stress, aid in lymph drainage, and promote an overall feeling of well-being.
META from the Greek preposition and prefix meta- (μετά-) meaning “after”, or “beyond.”
An experienced and compassionate health care professional, I have been providing massage treatment since 2012.
I continue to expand my services, skills, and study to ensure the highest degree of wellness for each individual. My unique style is a fluid blend of Swedish, Thai and LomiLomi styles.
As a keen athlete, I focused on gymnastics and track & field having participated at a provincial level as a teen. I then moved on to instruct both gymnastics & yoga and this provided me further insight into vital body mechanics, injury, pain and recovery paths. I have had the privilege of working in select therapeutic and spa practices including such facilities as the world-renowned Banff Springs Hotel Willow Stream Spa. Graduating from Kikkawa College of Massage Therapy in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, I am a member in good standing with the REMEDIAL MASSAGE THERAPISTS ASSOCIATION (RMTA) as a fully licensed and insured Registered Massage Therapist.
Born and raised in Calgary, my focus is integrative and firmly based in eastern traditions coupled with western modern science. My professional interests include research and writing. Personal interests include the arts, nature, photography, poetry, travel, yoga and meditation.
CLINIC OPERATING HOURS
Tuesday: 7:00am – 1:00pm
Wednesday: 7:00am – 1:00pm
Thursday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Easy online booking or phone booking.
We are not wheelchair accessible at this time.
We are cat friendly with our own clinic cat.
We offer a number of options for you in therapeutic and relaxation massage therapy.
Each appointment is designated for your treatment and your treatment solely. We do not double book. A fifteen minute complimentary courtesy window is automatically added to the end of each appointment so there is no rush to you. You pay only for your therapy session of 30, 60 or 90 minutes.
HOT STONE MASSAGE | CUPPING THERAPY | THAI YOGA MAT MASSAGE
We will provide an official tax receipt for your extended health plan.
Check with your insurance for your benefits coverage.
All taxes are included in with the service treatment price.
- MEDICAL MASSAGE– Injuries, accidents, chronic or acute pain, and repetitive strain.
This massage modality can be of benefit to those in pre/post rehabilitation in order increase function and motion from various conditions and circumstances. Assessments, testing, hydrotherapy, remedial exercises, tractions/distractions, manual and instrument techniques may be incorporated for presentations such as Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow, Plantar Fascitiis, Carpal Tunnel, Tech Neck, Piriformis Syndrome, Scoliosis, Fractures, Dislocations, and Neuralgia.
- SPORT MASSAGE – Pre-event/post-event, sport body taping, corrective movement mechanics, stretching/flexibility techniques, and myofascial treatments for the elite pro athlete and/or weekend warrior.
- SWEDISH MASSAGE– Manual manipulation of soft tissue, hydrotherapy and physical exercise to achieve therapeutic effects.
- THAI YOGA MAT MASSAGE – Traditional holistic treatment to engage and enhance smooth body movement, energy meridian flow, body flexibility and body balance. This treatment is done on a floor mat; please wear comfortable, loose clothing such as sweats or yoga wear – no zippers.
- TRIGGER POINT THERAPY– Hyperirritable areas that refer pain to another area and are often chronic in nature.
- REFLEXOLOGY – Foot massage with attributed benefit to specific pressure points corresponding with body structures and organs. Grounding and energizing.
- DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE – Firm, deep, slow massage that may address chronic issues, pain, and relieve muscle tension.
- HOT STONE MASSAGE – Heated, volcanic stones that are glided along the entire body with warm oil. This rhythmic massage diminishes tension and stress from muscles while improving circulation. Deeply relaxing. 90 min treatment includes extended foot massage and scalp massage.
- CUPPING THERAPY MASSAGE – Ancient form of alternative medicine. Silicone, clear cups in various sizes are placed on the body to create suction. Eases fascial tension and promotes blood flow – 60 min half body treatment / 90 min full body treatment. NOTE: can cause marking on the body that may last up to 2 weeks.
- POST PREGNANCY MASSAGE – Effective treatment to diminish soreness from head, neck, shoulders and back from the arrival of new baby/babies. Organic coconut oil used.
- MANUAL LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE (MLD) – Slow, specialized massage to decrease swelling in the body using gentle contractions to assist lymphatic movement in drainage.
ELECTROLYTE ELIXIR – THE COSMIC TONIC
Essential Remineralization & Hydration
THE COSMIC TONIC is a unique organic, small batch, handmade solution to human health alchemy.
#1 available electrolyte elixir
Purified structured water, pristine pink Himalayan rock salt, prism quartz crystals (clear & rose) combined to create a 24% sterile, saturated salt water solution for essential remineralization, hydration, and increased cellular & neuro conductivity.
84 trace minerals including zinc, calcium, magnesium, iodine, copper, and iron.
EVERGREEN – 1 litre
Complete reusable starter kit with one litre swing flip glass bottle, starter salt, two natural quartz crystals (clear and rose), and instructions. One teaspoon per day in your morning beverage of choice. Mix well. Enjoy. Refill water and salt as required with use as per instruction manual.
$38.00 tax included / one litre (clinic pick up only)
REFUEL – 473 ml
Saturated, sterile solution for simple solé shots as this mixture is fully premixed and prepared for readiness; just add one teaspoon to your daily morning beverage of choice. One month supply with daily use of one teaspoon per day. Mix well. Enjoy.
$8.00 tax included / 473 ml (clinic pick up only)
TRAVEL – 30 ml
Carry along the convenient 30 ml dropper bottle at your fingertips. One ml (30 drops) in your daily morning beverage of choice. Mix well. Enjoy.
$18.00 tax included / 30 ml (clinic pick up only)
For more information see www.thecosmictonic.com
BOOKING & PAYMENT
Easy online booking is available from the convenience of your computer, tablet or mobile device. Click the green button below to book your appointment.
FIRST TIME VISIT?
1)Please fill out the contact form below.
2)We will contact you to confirm your appointment.
3)Kindly arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment to read and fill in required confidential forms for treatment and speak to your Registered Massage Therapist. Note: We have a clinic cat
Please carefully read our booking agreement directly below prior to making your booking.
PAYMENT – is accepted by cash, cheque, debit or Visa.
INSURANCE – Healthcare plans vary and may/may not include massage therapy. Please refer to your plan. Physician’s note may be required.
GRATUITY –Our clinic does NOT accept gratuities.
If you are happy with our service, please tell another. If you are unhappy with our service, tell us!
APPOINTMENT CHANGES/CANCELLATIONS– Must be made 24 hours in advance via email. If you do not provide cancellation notice, you will be charged 50% for your appointment. The exception to this is a medical emergency, serious illness, or other serious extenuating circumstance.
CALGARY CLINIC OPERATING HOURS:
Tuesday: 7:00am – 1:00pm
Wednesday: 7:00am – 1:00pm
Thursday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
- TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT, PLEASE CLICK HERE
- TO ASK A QUESTION OR LEAVE A COMMENT, PLEASE FILL IN THE FORM BELOW. Comments and questions are promptly and pleasantly answered within 24 hours.
Thank you for choosing Meta Medical Massage Clinic